4 knock sensors with 2 inputs

Hi,
i have a V8 engine with 4 knock sensors from OEM side…they are mounted between cyl1/2; 3/4; 5/6 ; 7/8.
I at the moment i use the ones between 1/2 and 5/6. Obviously the signals of especially 4 and 8 then are quite quite. With the settings i got all on the same level, but i am worried that i miss events on 4 and 8. Knock is the biggest enemy of my engine.
So i was researching about possibilities to use all 4 sensors.
I read that some people put 2 knock sensors in parallel and throw them on one input. Is this really a good idea and is this working? Can the EMU handle this?
My first thinkings say that this results in a messy signal, which probably isn’t worth anything anymore. Does anyone have expiriences with that?

That is an interesting idea.
We never tested something like that.
It has the potential to work.

I am unsure about parallel connection because it means that one knock sensor is also a load for the other. The signal will likely be partially attenuated.

I think series connections might be better. However, this would have to be tested because these are just my initial thoughts.

There is also a proper way to add signals together, which is much more complex. It would require an operational amplifier circuit that outputs the sum of input signals. This allows for the sensors to be completely independent while adding the signals together.

Thx for ur opinion.
So probably then i will play around a bit with 2 sensor in series after my current setup is finished. Sadly i don’t have the possibilities to analyze this deeply. So if u and ur team is bored, would be cool if u can have a look at this in the future.

What do u think about putting the two knock sensor in parrallel and adding a Diode behind each? Then i think always the higher signal of both should reach the ECU. Do i think to simple or u think this could introduce some additional effects?
I will build a new harness and want to be prepared for different options to try.

The Knock sensor provides an AC signal.
Adding diodes will make it DC.

I don’t think that will work well.
It can introduce all sorts of problems.