2ZZ Coolant temp sensor reading low

Apologies if this is a dumb question. I’m not a tuner; I’m trying to clean up after one who handed the car back to me with new issues.

The thing is running, but the coolant temp reads low. I’ve calibrated the temp sensor in cold, room temp and boiling water several times and I’m getting consistent results, but when I plug them into the car, they’re producing low temps.

On a cold engine, it reads about 25-30°f lower in the ECUmaster program than the actual coolant temp measured by hand. I don’t have an independent gauge, so I can’t compare displayed temps with known real temps while warm. It settles in about that far below the normal operating temp, but i can’t independently verify that it’s actually settling in at operating temp.

I know that the EMU has a resistor that has to be accounted for in the “Rx value (pullup)” field at 2200, and I have that plugged in.

My only other clue is that the dash gauge is also reading low (probably about 25-30°f). If I understand correctly, the dash gauge runs off of the OEM ECU, but I don’t know whether that data is coming straight from the sensor to the ECU or if it’s going through the EMU first. If it’s the former, it’d probably be accurate. If it’s the latter, then the problem is probably in the EMU settings.

I had no such problems on the OEM ECU prior to installing the EMU.

Any ideas? If I just bump all the numbers up until the cold engine temp is accurate, would that likely translate to accurate hot engine

temps?