Crank Decel Synchronization

Can we get an option to use crankshaft deceleration during cranking as a method for synchronization? Many OEM odd-fire singles and v-twins use this method for sync. Simply looking at RPM rate when below cranking rpm. When piston comes up on compression, crankshaft slows and RPM rate decreases indicating phase. Also, a drop down for MAP sync would be nice instead of having to tie up two inputs with one sensor for using MAP sensor sync.

I understand how an algorithm can work for 1 cylinder, but I need to know how it should work for multiple cylinders.
Could you share cylinder configuration for these v-twins engines?

Sure. We will simplify the process in the future.

I use MaxxECU on my V-twin and the way ot works is you input a crank tooth window to filter the crank decel event. So if you know cylinder 1 is TDC at say tooth 9 you give itna range to work in from tooth 5 to tooth 11 and a percent of max deviation. Ill get some screen shots tomorrow.

Thank you for the explanation.
V-twin is always two-cylinder odd-fire and now everything makes perfect sense for me.
Do you have any scope file (for EMU PRO or even EMU BLACK/CLASSIC) from a cranking for such an engine?

I dont currently, but I can. I have a stable full of v-twins. I have a customer interested in swapping to a stand alone so we can go boosted and what not. I wanted to get a precursor figured out on if I could do this with a emu pro. Ill try to get a patch harness made up here in the next while so I can get a crank signal…