Is it possible to input values to test a function or display item?
Example: Do i need to connect my ADU to a running engine to view the RPM display below, or can i input values somewhere in the software?
Is it possible to input values to test a function or display item?
Example: Do i need to connect my ADU to a running engine to view the RPM display below, or can i input values somewhere in the software?
You can use a USB-CANbus interface to send CANbus messages to emulate the ECU.
I used Kvaser CanKing to inject messages to e.g. emulate RPM, gear, battery, and water temperature values from the ECU. CanKing isn’t particularly great at this, but it works.
If your ECU is connected to CAN2 (because it doesn’t run at 1Mbps), you have to remember to “switch” over the CANbus messages to be on CAN1 when emulating the data on the desktop, and then switch them back to CAN2 for the vehicle.
Edit: remember to have 120 Ohms terminations on the CAN busses you use ![]()
Thanks for your reply!
As it happens i’ve just ordered a CANsub to record a CAN stream from my MBE ecu and play back at my bench to help building a canx file.
I didn’t think of using it for my questioned use.
Note that according to the ADU manual, they only support three USB-CAN devices: their own (ECUmaster USBtoCAN), Peak System’s PCAN-USB and PCAN-LAN, and Kvaser’s USBcan products.
DM me if you have questions to the CANX stuff; I found that were was a lot of details that wasn’t quite explained - especially around the Compound messages.
Thanks.
I use a PCAN-USB to interface with the ADU. The CANsub will be used to play back recorded ECU messages onto the can bus.
I’ver noted you offer of assistance. Thanks!
In the channel field do not pick a specific channell like ecu.RPM for and RPM bar, instead just write in the box the value you want like 5000
The RPM bar will display that value.
Thanks for reply solo.
That’s great information! I don’t know why i didn’t know that already!