Air conditioning activation input

Hi all,

I have a 1999 totyta supra im putting an pro 8 in.
Im currently working on my wiring harness and configuring the ecu I/O.
How do I set an activation input for switching on the AC clutch engament parameters?

The stock ecu works by getting a request from Pin 34 on the stoch ecu, it then checks if parameters are met, and if thats the case it grounds pin 23 and thus engages the AC compressor clutch.

This can be set up in the black by connecting the stock pin 34 as switch 1 and outputting the ground via an AUX.

However, as far as I can find, the pro 8 doesnt give this option, how do I set this up in the pro 8?

See attached images

switches → Driver–> ac activation

1 Like

Hi greg,

Thanks so much! I never figured to look there!
I was looking into this, i should be able to wire the AC request button (pin 34 of the OEM diagram) as a digital input right? This would save me one precious analog input of which I have only have two left…

Did you ever get this working ? I’m troubleshooting a similar configuration on my 95 Supra trying to use a digital input for this but I’m not seeing the state change on the input when I hit the AC button. I’ve verified wiring so going to dig into it a little more just curious if you had a similar experience.

Hi 95Supra2JZ post a picture from the di configuration, i think your config is wrong

Possbile that button going via trinary swotch and there is not enough refrigerant.

It works on an analog input, but there is a pressure switch in the AC system that needs to meet its pressure condition before the signal is allowed towards the Emu pro by the OEM AC ECU.

Due to replacing my AC condensor my AC system is completely empty right now, but I will be able to run it in about two weeks. Also the default non-activated condition of the button on the AC panel is 5v, when you press it to activate the AC it goes to 0V. Thats important to keep in mind when configuring the emu pro.

Yeah so this is exactly what Im dealing with my AC system is empty right now(didn’t want to fill it just yet in case I had to rip things apart for some reason). I was just testing the request function not realizing the AC control ecu wouldn’t even send the request unless the system had pressure etc. So this makes sense. I’ll just wait and test this after I charge the system.

Thanks for the reply.