DQ500 DSG double upshifts

Hello petrolheads,

my buddy drives a scirroco 1 with r32 Turbo 4 Motion and is equipped with a DQ500 from TTRS. It drives normaly but we have a strange problem. In Manual mode, the Dq500 shifts sometimes a gear up on its own. For example you are driving constant 50 kph in 3 gear and after 20 seconds it shifts in 4 gear. Also we have the problem if we accelerate full throttle and we are shifting with paddle up the DQ500 changes the gear at around 8300rpm but around a half second later the DQ500 shifts on its own the next gear. So we are not able to make a pull without getting a double upshift. It doesnt depend if you are shifting with the DSG Shifter or with the paddles.

The mechatronic is already tuned.

Can anybody help ? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I got the same problem on stock ECU after getting a TVS Stage2+ tune.

In my opinion this is TCU tune related.

Yeah i think to because its for example 7300rpm in first gear, 7800 in second 8500 in third gear. I found a “solution” but its not that for what i build in the DQ500. If i drive in manual and didnt shift by myself it just shifts on its own at the rpm´s i wrote. But i dont have the double shifts. My Dq250 car doesnt shift at all in manual only when i push the paddles. I know the DQ500 Mechatronic software depends much on vehicle speed but it should be possible to make the manual mode fully manual?

Yeah full manual without forced upshift is possible. Can programm this if you want it.