MX5 VVT Can't reach 0 degree VVT offset

Hi There,

I’ve currently loaded a basemap for my NBFL VVT MX5, but the VVT offset is completely different from the basemap. Base timing is checked and the engine runs fine, Just the CAM offset is out of limits. The offset should be 840 to be at 0 but this value can’t be reached. Log, Scope and tune attached
Tune VVT.emub (146.9 KB)
NB-VVT.zip (313.3 KB)

1 Like

Cant be higher than 720deg two cycles… how do you want it higher ? Not possible

If I set it to 0, it is at -840. I don’t know how this shouldn’t work, normally you’d expect it to be 720 degrees each time

Even with a lower (compared to basemap) offset it still doesn’t work correctly.
Problem still isn’t solved. @Jadzwin_ECUMASTER Is there a solution for this, or could it magically work on V3 software?

have you tried other edge

For cam, yes. Rising and falling changes the value from -840 to about -830ish.
Changing crank seems quite illogical to me.

ok i think problem is with your trigger on crank those are 4 pulses but they are not equally spaced and i don’t thing will be running correctly. there are available factory Mazda triggers 36-1 i think …

I am aware of the issues with the 4 teeth trigger. However this car has an ATI damper (old model) so getting it off to replace the triggerwheel will take an enormous amount of effort. The engine will be swapped in a couple of months so that’s why I’m trying to get it to work this way