Data Log Mark and Review

Super dumb question…how do you “Mark” a data log and then go back and find the mark afterward - when reviewing the data?

Hi, can you please specify the device you’re using?

I think he is talking about “mark” button so when you drive car and something wrong happening you press the button “mark” and you can go back to i think best would be to have alias “mark” and than you can assign custom channel for it and while scrolling data you can “skip” form one mark to another…

That’s what I am talking about. In the “Customize Keys” menu/setup there is a dropdown for “Set Log Marker”. I think it means to use “M” to set a marker in the Log file so that you can go back and review it. But, I don’t know how to find it when I want to go back and review it. Also, there is mention above of a custom channel, but I can’t find a way to make a custom channel either. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Sorry for the late response. It looks like there’s a bug in the function that’s causing issues. We’re working on a fix and will have it out soon.

In the meantime, have you tried using Data Master for your data analysis needs? It has a bookmarks feature that lets you save important messages for later analysis. It doesn’t work in real time, but it’s great for going through recorded logs.

Hi Michael,

I will download this software as I haven’t used it yet. I’m not sure it will do what I want until I can find the marks that I set in the logs. I am chasing a back fire condition and it happens randomly during drives. I can’t take the time to look at the laptop, but I can’t glance down and hit the “M” to set a mark. I just can’t find the mark after I set it. Hahaha…

So how about wiring a button directly to EMU BLACK?

I could do this as a long term correction, but my harness is “bottoned up”, meaning I would need to cut through heat shrink, etc, to add this feature. I was hopeful that marking the log would be the answer as I won’t need this feature once I have these tuning issues resolved.

Understood. We will fix the issue and let you know.

That would be awesome as it’s a great feature to have available. I hate to cut into my harness, but if I have to, I have to. :slight_smile: Let me know.