EMU Black PnP Mini R53

I’m trying to find out which ECU/car pin is connected to what EMU connector pin.
Why is the oil pressure not connected ?
Why is the second MAP sensor not connected ?
Why cant I use/select the WBO signal pin #5 as external lambda pin input ?
Can I enable the EMU builtin MAP sensor as BARO sensor ?
For sensor EGT1 and EGT2 what Analog input numbers are these ?

I must say the documentation is very disappointing and far from complete…

Any help is very welcome as im kinda stuck at the moment…

Why is the oil pressure not connected ?
As i know the engine doenst have a pressure sensor…just a switch wired to the dashboard
Why is the second MAP sensor not connected ?
Emu black doesn’t make use of a secound MAP sensor, which is most likely a pre throttle boost pressure sensor. In V3 u can use this sensor.
Why cant I use/select the WBO signal pin #5 as external lambda pin input ?
I don’t understand this question
Can I enable the EMU builtin MAP sensor as BARO sensor ?
There is a option in the SW…activate it and see if u get plausible values.
For sensor EGT1 and EGT2 what Analog input numbers are these ?
Those are no normal analog inputs…in the SW they are called EGT1 and 2 and Thermocouples only can be used

Thanks for your information.

R53 has just an oil pressure switch which seems supported by the EMU as protection option so it is strange that it is not connected. I have installed a VDO oil pressure sensor and need an analog input for it. I can only use the AC pressure (Analog #4) input as oil pressure sensor input as I dont have AC installed.

I have an external WBO sensor, AEM with display and that provides a lineair 0-5V signal for AFR 10-20. Unfortunally I cannot use pin#5 on the grey pigtail as this is not selectable (should be B5 on the EMU I think). I can only use the AC sensor input but as written before I want to use this for oil pressure.

What is Analog#5 used for ? It is mentioned in the manual but not on my Input list.
Where is Analog#6 used ? Mentioned in Input list and manual but I have no Clutch pedal sensor installed ?

As it appears now I have just one Analog (AC) input available…

The pressureswitch is connected to the dashboard…so u can’t access the signal via the engine ECU connector.
Ah now i understand ur struggle…u basically can’t find Analog 5 and 6 input.
U can definitly use them…they must be on the main connector to ur EMU…but sadly u are right…documentation there is poor.
If u find one of them u can set ur lambda sensor like that (depending if u want it as main sensor or not):

But Analog 5 seems to be used for pedal position sensor 2…i think u should keep this sensor.
U should use 6 when u dont have and need clutch pedal sensor…actually not needed (but depending on what u are doing).
But to find 6 i just see 3 options:

• Some ecumaster guy give the info
  • u check OEM wiring digramm and look for clutch pedal pin (which seems to be open in ur case)
  • take a 5V power supply and put on every open pin of the connector the 5V while u are watching the analog6 channel on PC…if u are on the right pin u see the reading

hi
Im pretty sure you need cluthc to be conneced and send over can bus will be requred by abs.
you may need analogue to can expander to accommodate more analogue inputs

There is physically no clutch sensor installed on my Mini. I believe the clutch sensor was only installed on cars with factory cruise control. Mine has not. I have to search in the wiring diagram on what ECU pin this signal is expected and add an extra wire to my oil pressure sensor.

Oil pressure signal switch you could be right, didn’t checked that in the wiring diagrams. I connected my WBO as external WBO to Analog #4. But I have decided to install another 4.9 WBO sensor and wire it directly to the EMU pigtail so it frees the Analog#4 input and using that for oil temp.

Now that I have most of the wiring corrected and in place I’ve tried the supplied R53 stock base map. But it did not work at all on my specific setup.
I’m running a Newman PH3/4 race cam, bigger 550cc injectors, JCW head, Janspeed collector, decat, centre straight R56 exhaust.
The engine did not idle, it was jumping up and down.
AFR was way to rich, less then 10 even.
It even cut fuel over 2500RPM as was setup in the base map, why ???

After trying to correct some settings I decided to ditch this base map and start from scratch.
Removed all corrections and set ignition to 8 BTDC, AFR targetmap to 11.8-12.0 and now it idles smoothly.
This is not the first engine I have tuned but it is the first EMU with this particular Mini SC engine.
I have a chassis dyno but unfortunally this unit is not installed as of yet so steady state and road dyno it is for now :frowning:

Sofar I like the Ecumaster ‘eco-system’ so I will add the GPS tracking capabilities to it and see what it offers regarding track mapping with video integration using the Datamaster software. I currently have a PI Research datalogger installed but maybe the Ecumaster ‘eco-system’ can replace that (old) system.