EMU PRO software version 232.0.1-beta is now available.
What’s new:
- Support for primary trigger decoders for wheels located on camshaft
- CAM N-1: Toothed wheel with 1 missing tooth
- CAM N-2: Toothed wheel with 2 missing teeth
- CAM N-3: Toothed wheel with 3 missing teeth
- CAM N+1: Toothed wheel with an additional tooth
- Multiple improvements to Idle strategy
- Multiple improvements to Short and Long Term Trim strategies
- Improvements to vehicle CAN streams
For more details and the full list of changes, see the changelog.
Download the latest software update and explore these new features: https://www.ecumaster.com/testVersions.html
We appreciate your feedback — it helps us make EMU PRO even better.
Sincerely,
The Ecumaster Team
Do you plan on adding some of the new features that were added to the emu black v3 such as functions?
Functions have been available since the EMU PRO product launch.
Use: PROJECT TREE tab / Project Tree window / Add button to add a new one.
I recently installed a rotary switch in a position where it is not visible. This made me think of something that would be really cool to see implemented.
Customizable tach output to display data. A variable for switching channel, and a table for displayed RPM.
Custom frequency outputs don’t allow this because they’re limited to 16-800hz.
This opens up some possibilities for those who want more data with a stock cluster -
Custom latching switch on a cruise control button or engine off throttle press, using tach to display current value.
Display ethanol content for 5 seconds on startup.
Indicate failure mode during malfunction. This would be cool for clients with little technical knowledge, who don’t know how to connect to the ECU or send us the logs from the flash drive. If tach displays 2000rpm during cut, you are losing fuel pressure. If it shows 3000rpm, that’s overboost protection.
Alert driver to critical condition.
In my current case, display current position of rotary switch.
Ahhh I see now. Sorry about that, its different than the black software. I guess I need to do some more reading on the PRO software. Thank you!
This should be possible.
I don’t see a hardware limit (16-800) listed on the frequency of outputs. The tach outputs 1hz/rpm. at 8000rpm that’s, well, 8000hz. I can put 8000 in Custom outputs → Custom output x → Frequency. No problem there.
This rest of this logic can be handled with functions and math. I can try to put together an example
edit: I see the frequency can only go to 8000
that means there has to be at least 3 outputs used and can be switched with a spdp relay
1: dedicated tach output – works as normal
2: variable frequency function
3: relay to choose hardwiring between 1 and 2
I haven’t double checked with vcds yet
But from my preliminary testing
Something’s changed on the DSG support side. It stopped auto downshifting according to tps% and downshift blip requests are only sent for lower gears (e.g 3 to2 ) even in manual mode which is quite a change. I’m in multi-stage, almost 3 years and 24kkm like that.
Haven’t touched dsg firmware for a long time
Could you have a look? I’ll get some more data soon
I am very interested in this. Which FW version did you have before? Does it work well when you downgrade?
Currently custom outputs in frequency mode only allow 16-8000 hz. My tach requires 24000 hz for 8000 rpm. If larger values were possible, it would be fairly easy to do all of this with a custom frequency output and logic without the use of any relays.
ok, in your original post you said 16-800 so I was a little confused when I entered 8000 and it worked.
So for the tach output on your setup you put in 3hz/rpm? That actually seems pretty fast, I wonder what ECU’s hardware limit is???
ya, 8000hz would only get you to 2600 rpm, not really enough resolution to use it for a gauge
I hope one of the ECUMasters team will comment on why the full range of frequency output isn’t available for user frequency programming.
Also, I think it’s a great idea in general!
it was 230.5 and everything worked regarding the DSG stuff.
I downgraded back and it’s perfect - Upshifts at the points specified by tps, downshifts are responding to engine load and manual blips are always there.
As if in 232 the TPS gets lost in the stream somewhere.
Could you post the project and log from driving on a new FW? It can be in a private message if you don’t want to share it publicly.