Supra ABS VR sensors for VSS

Hi all,

Im looking to wire in the 4 ABS (wheel speed) sensors from my 1999 supra into my pro 8.
However, I know from several other ecus like the AEM v2 and infinity they need signal converters/conditioners to condition the signal into a nice square wave form so the ecu can understand the signals being input as a digital signal.

Is this something to worry about with the pro8?

I currently have an Dakota digital SGI 100BT signal converter in place.
I get the signal from splicing into the OEM ABS computer connector and tapping into the output of the sensor.
See picture, connector T16 Pin 8 in my case, Front left wheel sensor output. Is currently used for the SGI box.

Im looking to remove the SGI box by having my pro8 put out the speedo signal via an aux output. (and use boost by speed, traction control etc) Does the pro8 also only need the ABS sensor output signal as a digital input? All the digital grounds are internally bussed anyway ( crank and cam sensors are connected to digi ground, dont worry)

Hi,
emu pro supports VR sensor as wheelspeed…so in general ur system will work.
But i don’t know if i understand u right…u want to share the VR sensor signal between OEM ABS and EMU? Usually it is working, but it can lead to problems depending on the details of the whole system.

Yes thats correct, I currently also use the signal shared with the ABS ecu and the SGI box amd thats been working great for two years now. Its sort of the standard approach with supras to do it this way.

EMU PRO can read VR sensors directly.
It probably won’t be able to read very low speeds as good as a dedicated conditioner.

Internal circuitry in the EMU might interfere with the OEM readings. You would have to test it in practice to be sure.

If that doesn’t work, we have a module designed to read four independent sensors in parallel with the ABS computer and send the speed over the CAN bus.