Track Best time deleted... again

What can make my previous laptime data disappear (top 8)? AGAIN… What is the expected behaviour of the Reset Track Data button, when i’m not close to ANY tracks?

Any way to manually save or restore this information in the future? This is one of the main reason for me to use ADU, and this is the 2nd time now, that my data is deleted. This was a user track btw.

What is the expected behaviour of user tracks, when you uncheck and recheck a track with the same data? (I did not touch the deleted user track, so it’s not the reason for my issue)

thanks

Do you mean user track defined by button?
Did you press the reset track button off the track?

i mean the 5 user tracks defined in the software.
the button was disconnected from adu, so it might registered a long button press (I set 15 sec+)
is that expected, that when you are away from a track, all your track data is deleted? from every track?
before the delete, I used a track defined by button.
When I went to my custom track, it registered the track name and length, but all my laptimes were deleted

the button defined trqck reset automaticqlly track data.
We will check it as it seems there is somw logic issue.
The data shouldnt be reset if you are outside the track.

happened again, looks like it has to do with user tracks and button defined tracks.
I had my user track (set up on PC via ADU software) working for 2 days, then I pressed the button to define a new track by accident. Pressed it again to cancel, and my laptimes were deleted for the previously used user track. it started counting again, after I crossed the start/finish line, but my times were not there, so I could start again.
Surely this is not intended behaviour…

Please fix it

Hi!

The issues you reported will be fixed in the upcoming FW 105.

Regarding the “Reset track data” button behavior, there will be an option to choose how it should behave:

The first option is the legacy behavior, where the “Reset track data” button simply resets all track data.

The second option is “Reset current track data,” and it will reset only the data from the track you are currently on based on GPS position.

Thanks, that sounds great.
It means when i cancel a button defined track, by pressing it again, it won’t do anything, and it was an incorrect logic with that specific event, that caused the issue?

Not sure I will try it anytime soon, cos i really don’t want to erase my target laptime anymore.
Maybe if I could back up the laptime data.

Yes.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to back up this data.

fyi: Mentioned changes will be inroduced in upcoming beta release, not in official release which should be released within 2 weeks.

Set button for start/finish line that need to be held for 2 sec and any accydental press wont do anything

Why? On racebike application it’s not feasible to hold it for 2 seconds. Can this be configured?
What is the issue with the current press/hold/click implementation?

At this moment, if you press the user-defined track button, the button defined track data will be lost even if you cancel acquiring the button defined track by pressing the button again. This behavior will be changed, so an accidental press of the user-defined track button will not destroy your previous button defined track data if you cancel it by pressing the button again.

Two things:
On the current firmware it not only deletes the user defined laptimes, but ALL laptimes from ebery track. I hope the fix will solve both topics.

Second:
The fix is clear and great. But why did you change the button behaviour?

As mentioned in the previous post, the current behavior is that an accidental press of the Button defined track start/finish set (assuming you already have button-defined track data and you don’t want to lose it) and then pressing it again to cancel acquiring a new button-defined track will cause you to lose the already defined track data.

This is not the best behavior.

But that is 2 completly different things.

Your fix for the problem is to require 2 sec hold for the button and nothing else??

If i have to hold it for two seconds, it still shouldn’t delete every other track. Thats a clear and huge bug.

On the other hand, the button behaviour can be customized currently (click/press/hold), which is fine.
If i have to hold it for 2 sec, how should I use it at the right time? Specially for shorter tracks. I have to change gear in less than 2 seconds.

It just makes no sense what you proposed…

I didn’t mention anything about 2 seconds.

Once again: Button defined track start/finish set will behave the same EXCEPT scenario descrbied above. Nothing about 2 seconds.

I used a mental shortcut when talking about the change in behavior, which could have been misinterpreted.

Sorry, 1 comment wasn’t from you, but from another member. Clear now.

One more thing.

For me currently the cancel of the button defined track deleted ALL data.

In your post, you mentioned that the identified issue, that it clears the button defined track laptimes, but for me the issue is MUCH bigger.
Cleared laptimes for all tracks. Button defined, user defined and ecumaster defined as well.

The new release fixes all of that?

Thanks.

Yes, all issues that you described will be fixed.

1 Like

Hi,

there is new experelimental ADU 105.0-exp where issues that you reported were adressed.

New ADU software version 105.0-exp